LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Janis Smith <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Janis Smith <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"
>Subject: RE: #7454 Recording MP3 sound
>Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:43:07 -0500

Here is a trick I've recently learned.  If you start your recording with
the Microsoft sound recorder and click anywhere on the slider (located
above the play, record, etc. buttons), you can extend the length- I
think indefinitely- of your recording.  There is also a way to convert
the .wav file to MP3.  Once you have recorded your file, select "save
as".  Under the file name input box is a "change " button.  When you
click on it, it lets you select what format you'd like to save in,
including MP3.

We are also happy with Pure Voice from Qualcomm, which is a free
download from
http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/purevoice_download.jsp

On campus we use Cool Edit, which was recently discontinued.

Hope this is helpful,
Janis Smith
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College