LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:23:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from kramizeh <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:16:18 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: kramizeh <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7429 Mac USB mic/headphones

Jack,
        We've been testing the Plantronics DSP 500. Panther spots it
immediately on a G4 or G5. It has the converter built into a
sufficiently long cable for lab use. It also sports and in-cable
volume with mute. It sounds good and records well. I haven't mangae
to break it in two weeks so it's reasonlably sturdy. The boom is
somewhat flexible yet seems solid enough for lab use. I'll have to
give that more time and there's always the vandal factor to consider
but, all said and done,  I will be ordering a few more to put out in
the lab for more extensive field abuse (testing). Cost is around
$63.00 each. MVK

Michael V. Kramizeh
Language Laboratory Manager
Language Learning Center
Michigan State University
Rm. 131 Old Horticulture Bldg.
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-355-8374 Phone
517-432-5246 Fax
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Language Lab Rm. 141 Old Horticulture Bldg.

Hours of Operation Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Friday  8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Saturday        10:00 am - 4:30 p.m.
Sunday  12 noon - 9 p.m.