LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:29:45 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:38:56 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7427.2  Camcorder frame by frame recording (!)

Here's the B&H price:

Sony DCR-TRV39  List Price: $ 1,099.99

DCR-TRV39 Mini DV Camcorder, 10x Optical/120x Digital Zoom, Mega Pixel CCD,
Color Viewfinder, 3.5" Touch Screen LCD, Network Capable

That's not a cheap camera.  Maybe a digital still camera can be adapted to
your purpose?

Mark

At 01:14 PM 2/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:17:44 -0700
> >From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
> >Subject: Re: #7427.1  Camcorder frame by frame recording (!)
>

>----------------- Message requiring your approval (23 lines)
>------------------
> >> Does anyone on the list know about an *affordable*  digital
> >> camcorder that can be used for the stop-motion technique (one
> >> frame at a time) ?
> >
> > I think only Sony offers this feature in the "consumer" range.
>
>Our Sony TRV39 offers this feature, which it calls "Frame Recording."
>However, reading the description in the manual indicates that the
>camera "makes a recording for about six frames" each time you tell it
>to record a frame.  I doubt the any affordable camera can do true
>single frame recording.  Selecting one frame from each six (or
>whatever value you choose) is available in some video editing
>software.  I believe the free version of BTV Pro would do this in a
>fairly simple way.
>
>Derek
>
>Derek Roff
>Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
>Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
>Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
>505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
>Internet: [log in to unmask]

John Mark Sanford