LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:03:30 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:13:50 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>From: Karl Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7436 French, German, Spanish magazines

Hi Marty;

The Champs-Elysees, Puerta del Sol, and Schau ins Land are very good...

Produced by a Sewanee grad (I think)!

http://www.champs-elysees.com

Each magazine includes an audio CD and a published magazine with glossaries
& explanations.

They are produced abroad with professional radio people and often include
interviews with important writers, politicians, etc. as well as current
popular music.

Come to think of it, I need to renew our subscriptions!

Best,
Karl

>--- Forwarded Message from Marty DeWindt <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:52:01 -0600
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>From: Marty DeWindt <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: French, German, Spanish magazines
>
>We are interested in subscribing to some magazines to have on hand in our
>Language Center. While teachers may use them academically, we are also want
>publications of interest to our students for casual reading. We prefer not
>to have magazines that are just translations of US publications, but those
>that present a different view point.
>
>What suggestions do you all have?
>
>Marty
>
>Marty DeWindt