LLTI Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:36:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Kleanthes Grohmann <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed,  3 Mar 2004 18:53:39 +0200
>From: Kleanthes Grohmann <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT: DIRECTOR POST
>To: [log in to unmask]

PENDING APPROVAL. The University of Cyprus (UCY) is looking to fill the
upcoming post of Director of the Language Center. The Language Center
will be part of a bigger Learning Resource Center, also hosting the UCY
Library and Information Technology/Computer Center, on the newly created
UCY Campus, expected to open in 2007. We expect to make the appointment
some time during the next academic year.

The post of director will be on the salary scale of Associate Professor,
in fact that is the rank at which s/he is going to be hired (i.e. as an
academic director with further positions for manager and assistant). It
will be expected of the director to work well and coordinate with the
directors of IT/Computer Science and the library as well as the
respective philologies (Department of English Studies, Department of
French and Modern Languages, Department of Turkish Studies).

The initial tasks of the director of the Language Center will be
supervision in the construction and design of the Language Center at all
planning stages, hiring new and approved staff, and coordinating the
Language Center inside out. Since there currently is no language center
at UCY, this includes all issues of employment, contracts, and so on.
Reimbursement will come with full social security, health insurance, and
other benefits, including travel budget.

For informal inquiries, please contact the assistant to the interim
director, Dr. Kleanthes Grohmann, at <[log in to unmask]>.