LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:14:06 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:17:44 -0700
>From: Derek Roff <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7427.1  Camcorder frame by frame recording (!)

This message  was originally  submitted by  [log in to unmask] to  the LLTI  list at
LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If you simply forward it back to the list, using a mail
command that generates "Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult
the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will be distributed and
the explanations you  are now reading will be removed  automatically. If on the
other hand you edit the contributions you  receive into a digest, you will have
to remove this  paragraph manually. Finally, you should be  able to contact the
author  of this  message by  using  the normal  "reply" function  of your  mail
program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (23 lines) ------------------
>> Does anyone on the list know about an *affordable*  digital
>> camcorder that can be used for the stop-motion technique (one
>> frame at a time) ?
>
> I think only Sony offers this feature in the "consumer" range.

Our Sony TRV39 offers this feature, which it calls "Frame Recording."
However, reading the description in the manual indicates that the
camera "makes a recording for about six frames" each time you tell it
to record a frame.  I doubt the any affordable camera can do true
single frame recording.  Selecting one frame from each six (or
whatever value you choose) is available in some video editing
software.  I believe the free version of BTV Pro would do this in a
fairly simple way.

Derek

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, MSC03-2100
Ortega Hall Rm 129, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: [log in to unmask]