LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:14:08 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Pat Griffith <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:49:55 -0800
>Subject: Re: #7428.1 PDA
>From: Pat Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

There are 20,000 pieces of software written for Palm OS.http://palmsource.palmgear.com/
While each PDA has specific capabilities when you buy it, there is lots of software that you can download to it, dictionaries, travel information management of data . Some are  allow you to connect directly to the internet,
this Clié has a camera , a video player and audio player compatible with MP3 player
TH55 Color CLIÉ® Handheld
PEG-TH55
*       CLIE Organizer Enhanced PIM Software
*       Integrated Wireless LAN (802.11b)*1
*       High-resolution TFT Color Display (480 x 320 dots, 65,536 colors)
*       Built-in 310K Pixels Camera with 2x Digital Zoom (JPEG, 640 x 480 resolution)
*       Built-in Audio Player (Compatible with MP3 audio formats)*2
*       Built-in Video Player [Compatible with QuickTime file format*5, MPEG1 (MPEG Movie)]

The top of the line is the UX50 has WIRI and Bluetooth built in, along with the digital camera and audioplayer
UX50 CLIÉTM with Free Case
PEGUX50/UKIT1
*       Built-in Wireless(802.11b)5
*       Built-in BluetoothTM5
*       High-resolution Color Display (480x320)
*       Built-in Digital Camera (310,000 pixels)
*       Built-in MP3 Player and Voice Recorder2
*       Built-in QWERTY Layout Keyboard
*       Video recording and playback
*       Compatible with Memory Stick PRO Media2
*       Extremely Portable (6.2 oz. Including stylus!)
New low price. Save $50!.
$ 599.99
as low as $15.00/ mo
Financing Details

You really need to sit down and make a list of what you want from a PDA first and what your budget allows.