LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:00:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from John DuQuette <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:17:43 -0500
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>From: John DuQuette <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7427  Camcorder

>Does anyone on the list know about an *affordable*  digital camcorder that
>can be used for the stop-motion technique (one frame at a time) ?

I think only Sony offers this feature in the "consumer" range. I
review cameras on a freelance basis for CNET and I've seen a few
Sony's with this feature. I am quite sure the PC330 from Sony offers
single frame as well as the TRV80, these cameras are in the $1000
range, the upper end of single chip consumer cameras. The cheaper
TRV39 I think has it, but it lacks interval recording, which will
automatically take a single frame or a short burst every X seconds or
minutes (like to get a flower opening etc.). Check out these models
and those models around these models in the product line. Go down the
line until the features you want knock out so that you aren't buying
more than you need.

John DuQuette
CEO Yabla Inc.
CEO Digital Video New York