LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:47:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from James Hogg <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:48:10 -0500
>From: James Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7414.6 Dish Network (!)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

This message was  originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the  LLTI list at
LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If you simply forward it back to the list, using a mail
command that generates "Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult
the documentation of your mail program if in doubt), it will be distributed and
the explanations you  are now reading will be removed  automatically. If on the
other hand you edit the contributions you  receive into a digest, you will have
to remove this  paragraph manually. Finally, you should be  able to contact the
author  of this  message by  using  the normal  "reply" function  of your  mail
program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (56 lines) ------------------
Thanks Sangeetha,

I am happy I am not alone. I am procrastinating right now in calling
SonuSatellite. I never did get my call on Friday. I called yesterday
but I got no answer. Perhaps they were closed for President's Day.

When I talked with someone at HQ in Colorado, they told me what a great
deal the education prices are and what a favor they are doing for us. I
don't think they understand what great publicity (and free advertising)
it is to have their equipment and programming beamed to a "captured"
audience. By my college offering the programming, we are endorsing the
product and if the students are satisfied, they may buy it later. Dish
Network should pay us. I am very tempted to put up signs "Dish Network
Sucks" at all of the stations...

Jim