LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:51:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:44:50 -0500
>From: Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      headsets (again)
>To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

I have done my homework today, reading all the messages related to
headsets, and especially Macs and microphones, that have been posted to the
listserv since 1999. I know how to clean them, how to hang them, and how to
use them every which way. My head is spinning with different
recommendations, so (if you don't mind just one more message re:
headphones) I'd like to clarify what I think I've determined I need:

I have a Mac G-4 lab with Koss SB-30 headsets. I can record using the mic,
but I'm not getting much output (almost none). It's likely I need some new
headphones. Four questions related to this:

1) Shall I buy more of these, or can someone recommend something else?
(these were highly recommended in a 2002 discussion, whereas Califone have
since received accolades)
2) Do I also need to buy Griffin's imic to boost output? (this is what I
gather from the archives)
3)Does anyone know whether the Mac G-5 has remedied this issue (if indeed,
I have pinpointed the right issue)?

Thanks so much, everyone. You must know this already, but you have all made
tremendous contributions to my tiny lab and my fledgling career as a
moonlight technologist.
Best, Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
U Minnesota, Morris