LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:47:22 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:54:12 -0600
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: DivX to VHS
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To:  Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>,        LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all.

The other day, a French student brought me a CD with a DivX file on it.
She wondered if I could put it on a VHS tape.  My initial reaction was no
because the DivX format is usually used for pirated movies.  It does,
however, present an interesting problem.  I took several stabs at it
without success.  I thought iMovie would import it and then I could write
out to a VCR or camera but it gets part way through the import process and
stops.  The only way I know of at this time is to play it on a flat panel
monitor (no flicker like a CRT) and stick a camera in front of it.

Anybody have any great ideas?

Tom

Thomas Goodrich Browne
Humanities Resource Center