LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:59:59 EST
-- Forwarded Message from pgl <[log in to unmask]> ---

From Peter Liddell, President for the Board of IALLT

It is my very unhappy task to tell readers of LLTI  that Ursula Williams, our
friend, dear colleague, and President-Elect of IALLT, has told us that she
is losing her long battle with cancer.
Our thoughts and prayers are with her, and with her family, who have been
taking care of her over the past months.

Ursula has been a very vibrant, dedicated member of our profession for
years, and  has touched and inspired many of us at different times, with
her sheer joie de vivre and her knowledge of the field.

We encourage those of you who know Ursula and share our sense of her
unique contribution to our community to visit the IALLT website at
http://www.iallt.org   and click on the "Ursula" link.
There you'll find links to an online album  where her colleagues and
friends are invited to share with Ursula  the memories of her irrepressible
energy and commitment, in words or in pictures.

Peter Liddell
President, for the Board of IALLT.