LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:07:51 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Thomas Robb <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:25:41 +1100
>From: Thomas Robb <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7388 Laptops that don't project?
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
There are three possible modes -- Laptop as main screen and projector as
secondary, the reverse, and mirroring, where both are sendng the same
image.  Does the problem persist regardless of the projection mode that is
selected (via the display panel).

Also, are you pushing the correct F-key to initiate projection/mirroring
mode?  They key varies from machine to machine.

Cheers,
   --Tom Robb

At 1:56 PM -0500 04.1.30, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:39:12 -0800
> >From: "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Laptops that don't project?
>
>Hi,
>
>I've just learned that the Toshiba laptops we check out to faculty will
>not project video (from a DVD or web-based video). Apparently they are
>missing some kind of special software that will allow that. One of our
>instructors has a less expensive Computerland laptop that will project
>video just fine. Does anyone know the generic name of the software
>and/or a brand name that will help us track down what we need? (Imagine
>the wrath of the instructor, having checked out the laptop expressly for
>showing a DVD or some other video clip, having schlepped the laptop to
>the newly wired classroom, made sure the projector cart was there, etc.
>etc, and then not being able to make the video visible for the class? )
>
>Thank you!
>

>_______________________
>Carol H. Reitan
>Technology Learning Center
>Instructor of French
>City College of San Francisco
>LB2, 50 Phelan Avenue
>San Francisco, CA 94112
>(415) 239-3554
>http://fog.ccsf.edu/~creitan

** Thomas Robb, Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan  <[log in to unmask]> **
**  Visiting Scholar, La Trobe University, Faculty for Education 2003-04  **
**         Homepage:  http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html         **