LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:32:28 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Michael Heller <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7395 Equipment/room reservation software suggestions
>Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:09:01 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
At Montclair State we use MeetingMaker to schedule facilities,
resources, and people.  Unfortunately, there is no way to schedule
equipment via the web and not all of our faculty have MeetingMaker
accounts or make use of the software.  This results in a lot of phone
calls and email reserving equipment which must be confirmed.

We've been looking for a FileMaker web-enabled solution or an open
source web-based solution.  While I've not had the opportunity to
install and implement any as of yet, some options appear below.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/escheduler/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-scheduler/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ors/

http://phpscheduleit.sourceforge.net/

I am also interested in how other institutions are dealing with
equipment and facilities reservations.

Regards,

On Feb 2, 2004, at 4:08 PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Garry Bohm <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:09:04 -0600
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> From: Garry Bohm <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Equipment/room reservation software suggestions
>

> We are looking to upgrade to a more robust and efficient equipment
> and room reservation software.  Features we are looking for would be
> prevention of double-booking, the ability to customize to some
> extent, and a reasonable price.  The ability to run under Mac OS X or
> in Unix under OS X would be a plus.
>
> I would be very grateful for any suggestions or recommendations from
> other list members who have been using this kind of software.
>
> Thanks in advance, and best regards,
>
> Garry Bohm
>

> --
>

> Garry Bohm
> Instructional Technologist for Foreign Languages
> Foreign Language Instructional Technology Environment (FLITE)
> Language Learning Center
> 401 Newcomb Hall
> Tulane University
> 504.314.2319
> 504.865.5879

Michael Heller
Director of Language Learning Technology
College of Humanities & Social Sciences
Montclair State University
1 Normal Ave (CHSS/DI-287B)
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043-1699