LLTI Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:07:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Roberto Perez <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
At 01:56 PM 1/30/04, "Carol Reitan" wrote:

>I've just learned that the Toshiba laptops we check out to faculty will
>not project video (from a DVD or web-based video).

Carol,

What's the brand/model of that laptop? Some laptops have a few
restrictions, e.g., they only work with an LCD projector if the display is
set at a certain resolution, or the "dual display" (monitor and LCD) has to
be manually changed in the "Settings" options, or a combination of keys has
to be pressed to switch from video/DVD to regular screen display, etc.

Were these options checked already to rule them out as possible causes?

Roberto Perez
Florida State University