LLTI Archives

January 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:56:49 EST
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:41:22 -0600
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: #7387 Macromedia's "Contribute"
>Sender: [log in to unmask]
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the LLTI list
at LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU. If  you simply forward it back to  the list, using a
mail command  that generates "Resent-" fields  (ask your local user  support or
consult  the documentation  of  your mail  program  if in  doubt),  it will  be
distributed  and  the  explanations  you   are  now  reading  will  be  removed
automatically. If on the other hand you edit the contributions you receive into
a digest, you will have to  remove this paragraph manually. Finally, you should
be able  to contact  the author  of this  message by  using the  normal "reply"
function of your mail program.

----------------- Message requiring your approval (54 lines) ------------------
Hi Carol.

We are just beginning to try Contribute.  Our preliminary observations are
that it works quite well for established web pages where all you have to do
is change a word or two.  It doesn't work as well for creating a new page
or extensive changes to an old page.

We don't have the very expensive license for Dreamweaver, so our default
editor is Mozilla (Netscape) Composer.  Many departments have opted to
purchase Dreamweaver and it is available on a few public computers across
campus.

Tom Browne

--On Tuesday, January 27, 2004 4:33 AM -0500 LLTI-Editor
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:rr

> --- Forwarded Message from "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:09:15 -0800
>> From: "Carol Reitan" <[log in to unmask]>
>> To: <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Macromedia's "Contribute"
>
> Are any of you familiar with Macromedia's "Contribute" as a way to help
> faculty maintain a web presence without having to do it all for them and
> without expecting them all to learn html? I'd appreciate hearing from
> any of you that have used it either as a content provider or as a web
> professional.
>
> Happy new year!
>
> _______________________
> Carol H. Reitan