LLTI Archives

January 2004, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:56:33 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:43:45 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Mark Sanford <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7382 VCR Quality Standards

I'm sorry this took a bit longer to answer than it should.  I don't have a
SV-5000 to work on (and hope I never do), so I cannot say if the technique
I described for the SV-7000 will work to eject a stuck tape.  I can say
that even in the case of the SV-7000 that technique only works to drive the
stuck tape out of the machine - while it is unplugged and laying on my
workbench, cover off.  It is no permanent fix.  For that someone has to
replace the burned out diodes and resistors and transistor in the drive
circuit. I've been sending the units back to the Samsung dealer.

Mark