LLTI Archives

January 2004, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:39:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "DigitalStream" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:58:24 -0800
>Subject: Reminder: Call for Proposals DigitalStream 2003 and Spring 2004 SWALLT Meeting
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: "DigitalStream" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear Colleagues:

California State University Monterey Bay invites you to participate in the
Sixth Annual DigitalStream Conference, to be held March 25-27,2004. The
conference will focus on emerging technologies in teaching languages and
cultures. This year$E2s special theme is:
Seeing and Speaking: A Vision of Language.

The SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technologies  (SWALLT)
will also hold their Spring Meeting at this time, providing workshop,
presentation and networking opportunities for members. Please indicate
your SWALLT membership on the presentation proposal form or on the
registration form, if you do not intend to present.

We would like to invite and encourage all K-12, university, and
post-graduate language teachers to submit proposals to become presenters
at this year$E2s conference.
·     Presenters will receive a reduction in conference fees
·     Proposals will be accepted online at: [ http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/
]http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/

The following $E3Call For Proposals$E4 is designed to help you prepare your
submission.

Subject areas include:

·     Technology Applications and Integration in the Language Classroom
·     Strategies and Activities for Using Technology in a Language Class
·     The Use of Technology in Language Proficiency Assessment
·     Language Learning Lab Management and Issues
·     Distance & On Line Language Learning
·     Technology Enhanced Teaching of Heritage Languages and Cultures.
·     Technology Application for Teaching Languages at Risk.
·     Creating Effective Virtual Language Learning Environments and Issues
·     Workshops and Demonstrations of the Use of Technology in Teaching
Language and Cultures
·     Research on Language Learning and Technology

Proposal Guidelines

·     Proposals will be limited to a 150-word abstract
·     Initial proposal should be submitted no later than January 12, 2004
·     Presenters will need to submit final revised manuscripts for the
proceedings by March 1, 2004. Further guidance will be given for accepted
proposals.

Please note:
·     Multimedia projectors, screens, white boards and microphones will be
available. All other equipment, requests, including assistive technology,
can be submitted via the DigitalStream online presentation proposal form.
·     For technical information, please refer to the DigitalStream [
http://wlc.csumb.edu/digitalstream/2004/speaker.htm ]Presenter Resources.
·     Presenters should bring 35-40 copies of their handouts for distribution.
·     Presenters will receive registration fee discounts. Travel expenses will
not be covered.
·     Presentation forums will include: large group, small group and
roundtable sessions.
·     Presenters will be notified of session format upon acceptance of
proposal.
·     CSU Monterey Bay has wireless capability in most of our conference
facilities.

The DigitalStream website will provide the most up-to-date information, so
please check it periodically. [ http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/
]http://csumb.edu/digitalstream/

Kris Neilsen will be handling logistics and can be reached at:
831-582-5063

Sincerely,

Yoshiko Saito-Abbott, Ph.D.
Conference Chair
Professor of World Languages and Cultures
California State University Monterey Bay
100 Campus Center, Seaside CA. 93955

2003 DigitalStream Conference        [log in to unmask]
California State University Monterey Bay
Institute for World Languages and Cultures
100 Campus Center    Seaside, CA 93955
(831) 582-3863      (831) 582-3885 FAX
http:/csumb.edu/digitalstream

Gus
_______________________________________
Gus Leonard $F0  Language Laboratory Coordinator $F0 Institute for World
Languages & Cultures $F0  Building 48-119 $F0 California State University,
Monterey Bay $F0 100 Campus Center $F0 Seaside, CA 93955 $F0 Email:
[log in to unmask] $F0 (831) 582-4446 $F0 Fax:  (831) 582-3885 $F0 Mobile:
(831) 277-7006 $F0 http://LanguageLab.csumb.edu $F0 Buzz my wrist:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
SWALLT President
Got SWALLT? http://www.humanities.uci.edu/hirc/SWALLT/

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the
most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
-Edward Abbey