LLTI Archives

December 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:14:59 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:42:54 -0500
>Subject: NEALLT '04 call for proposals
>From: Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]

NEALLT 2004:  CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Technology and the Foreign Language Curriculum:  A Constantly
Developing Relationship
March 19-21
Princeton University
Hosted by Marianne Crusius, Manager, Language Resource Center

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT)
will hold
its annual conference March 19-21 at Princeton University highlighting
the new Language Resource Center.  Inspired by a recent thread on the
LLTI on lab curriculum ideas, we have chosen as this year's theme
"Technology and the Foreign Language Curriculum:  A Constantly
Developing Relationship."  We welcome proposals for panels and
presentations on all topics, but particularly encourage presentations
of specific activities, ideas, and approaches to the use of technology
in the FL curriculum.   We would like to explore different ways in
which technology and the curriculum influence one another as both
technology and the L2 curriculum continue to evolve.  We encourage
participation from lab directors and faculty in order to ensure a
variety of perspectives.  Please consider sharing an activity that has
worked well in your lab or an idea that you are developing.

Proposal deadline: February 6, 2004.

This message is a call for pre-conference workshops, proposals for the
meeting (abstracts of up to 250 words), a call for suggested topics for
group
discussion, as well as an invitation to attend and be a part of all
discussions. Deadline for
abstracts and topics submission is February 6, 2004, and these should
be sent
to Cindy Evans at [log in to unmask] Please include the following
information in your e-mail: Presenter's name, affiliation, e-mail
address,
telephone and fax number, technology needs.

Registration
Conference registration is $30.00, and the deadline is March 1.
Workshops are
an additional $10 each. Late registration is $40.00 and subject to
availability. Conference registration & lodging information  will be
posted in January on the NEALLT website at http://www.neall.org/
NEALLT membership is included in the conference registration fee.
Cindy Evans, Ph.D, NEALLT President
Director, Foreign Language Resource Center
and Lecturer in French
Skidmore College
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-580-5205