LLTI Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:11:38 EST
--- Forwarded Message from LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:59:21 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
>From: LeeAnn Stone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Curriculum ideas

Hi Rebecca,

        Jenise's recent response to you reminded me of some CLEAR resources that I
came across at ACTFL last week. Carol Wilson-Duffy has an article in the
most recent CLEAR news on "Creating Online Language Activities: Putting
Task-Based Language Teaching Activities to Use (Part 2)" that is
informative. Part 1 is apparently available online, but I haven't found it yet.
        CLEAR has a summer institute on creating task-based language activities
(see their site: http://clear.msu.edu/training/03institutes/) that Carol
teaches as well.
        I don't know if these are available to the public, but the Foreign Service
Institute just published a manual of task-based activities for the language
lab that are the product of a year-long series of workshops I did with them
last year. They sent me a few copies, so perhaps others can get copies-- I
guess I should ask!
        As others have mentioned, there is a treasure chest of knowledgeable,
excellent presenters among IALLT membership, many of whom would be
interested and willing to provide some workshops for you. Feel free to
contact me to discuss the possibilities.

LeeAnn Stone