LLTI Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:50:15 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Steve & Laura Spinella" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Steve & Laura Spinella" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re:  #7354.7 Recording Drills and Sound Recorder (!)
>Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:22:08 +0800

------------------
I found total recorder when we wanted to record lecture directly to
computer. We use professional edition because it allows better automatic
control of sequential events, as discussed previously regarding audacity.
The interface is somewhat complex, but the settings can all be saved and
recalled so the user does not need to adjust things while making the
recording. I should say also the interface does a fairly good job of
layering the complexity, still the top screen might be intimidating to some
language lab users. Files can be automatically named and stored in a
designated directory as they are generated. I have not used the splicing, et
al. The evaluation version allows you to see the interface and experiment
with very short clips, enough to verify the functionality. The copy
protection scheme is flexible and unobtrusive.

Dr. Steve and Laura Spinella, Sarah, Joey, Robby
Ta Yi Street, Lane 29, #18, 2F-1, Taichung 404, TAIWAN
011 886 4 2236-6145, of 2236-1901, fx 2236-2109, cell 9 2894-0514
TEAM, PO Box 969, Wheaton, IL 60189, 800 343-3144
<www.team.org.tw/spinella>, <www.team.org.tw/ccg>
<[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>

> Date:    Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:26:02 EST
> From:    LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: #7354.7 Recording Drills and Sound Recorder (!)
>
> --- Forwarded Message from Damion Renner <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
> >Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:58:34 -0500
> >From: Damion Renner <[log in to unmask]>
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >Subject: Recording Drills and Sound Recorder
...>         My other suggestion - and I'd like to hear about what others
think