LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:54:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Lisa Frumkes <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Lisa Frumkes <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Job posting: Apex Learning
>Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:52:00 -0800

Dear LLTIers,

It's good to be back among you after 3 years away from the world of
education! Perhaps some of you, or people you know, would be interested in
the contractor positions described below.

Lisa
Apex Learning, a leading provider of online high school courses and
curricular material, is looking for contractors to provide instructional
design expertise, create curriculum, write engaging, factually accurate
online instructional content and create assessments for use in high school
curriculum.

Apex Learning currently has Contractor positions available for Content
Authors in French and Spanish.

Characteristic tasks will include:
- Writing stories, dialogs, and exercises with remediation.
- Creating and mapping assessments to learning material.
- Checking content for accuracy.

Qualifications include:
- Native or near-native fluency in French and/or Spanish;
- Excellent, demonstrable writing and editing skill in the language (a
writing sample will be required);
- Knowledge of and connections to the French- and/or Spanish-speaking
cultures;
- Experience creating and using computer-assisted language learning (CALL);
- Faithful adherence to deadlines;
- An up-to-date computer and fast Internet connection that can view
multimedia on the Web;
- Creativity, imagination, and an ability to engage teenagers with writing;
- Experience writing test items, including multiple-choice and open-ended
questions, etc. and;
- Teaching experience (especially at the high school level in the US)
preferred.

Time Requirement:
Positions available range from several hours a week up to full time for up
to six months, depending on expertise and qualifications.

How to Apply:
Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, a writing sample in
French and/or Spanish and other relevant work samples to

To learn more about Apex and our offerings, please visit
www.apexlearning.com.

Lisa A. Frumkes
Foreign Language Producer
Apex Learning Inc.