LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:51:55 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:07:12 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Tammy Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: seeking an essay on assistive technology and Foreign Language

------------------
Dear all,
With two editors from Gallaudet University and Oberlin College, I am
working on a collection of essays devoted to Disability and Foreign
Languages. Essays are wide ranging and cover topics from universal design
in (FL) instruction to accessible study abroad. We would very much like to
include an essay on assistive technology and FL study. The topic is
absolutely that broad, and might be tailored to your expertise, but might
include the most basic information about the kinds of technology available
and their implementation/integration in the FL classroom. Please contact me
off-list if you may be interested in writing such an essay. I'd appreciate
it if you would forward this message to colleagues who may be interested in
this opportunity.
Sincere thanks,
Tammy Berberi
Director, LTC at UMN, Morris