LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:54:16 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:38:35 -0500
>From: "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Video Production Light & Sound

Wow, running a Lanugage Learning Center does seem to make one a "Jack of all trades" deosn't it?

One of our professors here has decided that she's unhappy with the quality of the videos that her students are producing in  our Video Studia and wants to upgrade the lighting and sound.

Given my limited budget (I'm hoping to get it all in for under $300.00) I've settled on the Smith-Victor KT900 light kit ($225 at B&H photo) which should allow for basic 3-point lighting (Key, Fill, Background).

Now I'm looking at my sound options. Anyone got any suggestions for external micing solutions (for a DV camera with a standard 1/8" audio input) that would be relatively inexpensive and versatile?

-Dave

David Flores
Director: Language Learning Center
Loyola College in Maryland