LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:28:19 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Pete Smith <[log in to unmask]> ---

From:  Pete Smith, University of Texas at Arlington

To:  Executive Committee and Board of Directors, IALLT

Resolution

Insomuch as headsets and ear hygiene have been and are a topic of recent, historical, and prolonged discussion on LLTI;

And insomuch as Edmund Dente has brought immeasurable, biological, and antibacterial value to this discussion--a legend in his own mind--and in all of our minds;

And insomuch as Ed is the only IALLT member ever to appear on "Jeopardy;"

Be it proposed and resolved that the organization initiate a new award:  the "Edmund (Dente) Annual, Recurring, Wise, Intelligent, and Game Show Award," henceforth recognized by its acronym, "The EARWIG Prize."

Be it further proposed that this award be granted annually to the member--including student members--who most distinguishes the organization in the area of headset hygiene, bacterial, viral and biological organisms, and the eradication of earwigs and ear wax, including discussion of hygienic wipes.

Be it lastly proposed that the first award be granted immediately to Otmar Foelsche, on the agreement that, as LLTI Editor, he does not allow Ed ever to post publicly on this topic.  Ever again.  Forever and ever.  Amen.

Respectfully submitted this day, November 17, 2003.