LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:55:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Otmar K. Foelsche ---

>Date: 10 Nov 2003 15:54:33 EST
>From: Otmar K. Foelsche
>Subject: LLTI Post Request--Call for Participation: Project We Say Tomato
>To: LLTI-Editor

--- Forwarded Message from Jim Duber <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:20:32 -0800
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Jim Duber <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLTI Post Request--Call for Participation: Project We Say Tomato

Hello Otmar,

I'm writing to ask if it would be possible for you to post on my
behalf the "Call for Participation" appended below to the LLTI
discussion list. I'm not currently a subscriber to the group and feel
silly subbing and unsubbing just to "spam" folks with this call.
However, I believe the project may be of interest to the membership,
and hope you agree.

Thanks for your consideration and aloha!

[You probably don't remember me (we met at a NFLRC Symposium in
Hawaii in 1996!)]

Jim

----

             Call for Participation: Project We Say Tomato

              *** With apologies for cross-posting ***

Greetings all,

I'm writing to request your participation in "Project We Say Tomato."
The purpose of this non-commercial, wholly voluntary project is to
collect a diverse range of language samples for an interactive
presentation to be shared on my website.

All English speakers (native and non-native alike) are encouraged to
take part. In this first phase of the project, participants are asked
to record a short quotation. In addition, non-native speakers are
asked to translate the quotation.

If you have a microphone connected to your computer (and have
installed the Flash player within the last year--v. 6.0 or higher),
then you're ready to participate in this global language survey.

Please visit my blog for more information on "Project We Say Tomato."
There, you can listen to the contributions already accepted, and add
your voice:

         http://www.duber.com/oncall/

       *** Please forward this Call for Participation
                to all who might be interested. ***

Thanks very much and best wishes,

Jim
Jim Duber                                 [log in to unmask]
computer assisted language learning          ::blog::
http://duber.com/oncall/