LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:42:02 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:03:25 -0500
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CALICO Review: Fall volume
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Please excuse the cross posting

Dear Colleagues,

As ever, it is with great pleasure and pride that we announce the
publication of the latest volume of the CALICO Review.  There are five new
reviews for you this time.  Two are for ESL, at opposite ends of the
language proficiency spectrum. The first, Streaming Speech, targets very
advanced adult learners.  The second, Reading Shape-Up, is intended for
children aged 8-12. There is also an evaluation of the ESL potential of
Fonix iSpeak, a text to speech synthesizer.  In addition, you'll find an
assessment of Clavis Sinica, a Chinese text reader and dictionary. Lastly,
we are sure that everyone will find the review of Language Evaluator, an
evaluation tool for video-taped communicative activities, to be of
particular interest. Enjoy!

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.                     Lee Abraham
CALICO Software Review Editor           Assistant Software Review Editor