LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:55:43 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 16:13:38 -0500
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7326 Headset Hygiene Solutions? (!)

------------------
A note on this thread,  though as others have commented it is a frequent
one.
A professor who is a kidney transplant patient really raised my
consciousness on this one. I am rather sceptical about extreme hygiene
(I love the saying "you've got to eat a pound of dirt before you die")
but there are people in our labs now who do have super-sensitive immune
systems. They need the cleanest possible environment. So I went out and
bought some antiseptic wipes--for use on request, though.

We have some 1980s (or 70s?) headsets we use for TV watching that really
are a stroll down memory lane...

Judy Shoaf
University of Florida