LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:26:08 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:26:33 -0500
>Subject: Re: #7315.2 Sony, Tandberg, Apple (!)
>From: Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I totally agree with Derek's response. We have an all-Mac lab (now at
78 machines!) and are very happy with its capabilities. We just
replaced a Sony system that had many features that our faculty simply
did not use. It truly depends on what your faculty's requirements are
to determine the best system. But beware of insistence on one
particular feature that would determine purchase of a turn-key system
when what you might require is greater flexibility. It is so easy for
students to record mp3 files that the instructor can review at his/her
leisure. Our instructors would rather do that than have to use class
time monitoring student responses.

Beth Secrist
Director, Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Langs. & Lits.