LLTI Archives

November 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:26:16 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Margo Burns" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Windows<->Mac Chinese/Japanese WP
>Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 19:23:33 -0500
>From: "Margo Burns" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Can anyone point me to resources about cross-platform compatibility for word processing documents created in various Windows programs (Word, China Star, etc.) and *anything* on the Mac (Word, Nisus, etc.)?  Our Chinese and Japanese teachers are facing going all Mac next year, and I want to make it as smooth a transition as possible, knowing that they have plenty of materials on their current Windows machines.  Once Microsoft makes Word Unicode-compliant, this will probably become a moot point, but until then, I am collecting as much information as I can.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Margo

Margo Burns