LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:41:03 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:07:40 -0500
>From: Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Language "Lab" or "Resource Centers" Regained
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Katherine Sharnoff <[log in to unmask]>

In recent conversations with faculty at various institutions, I have heard
about colleges and/or universities that have "lost" their language "lab"
facilities only to find that they really need them.

We are looking for the reasons that people have used to justify their
language resource facilities.  For example, what needs does the facility
meet that simply serving materials from a server does not?

Why did you or someone to whom you could refer me lose their facility and
then regain it?

You may reply to the list or to me directly.