LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:11:36 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Samantha Earp <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: most important trend in lang tech (technical & pedagogical)
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:24:27 -0500

Hi everyone,

As part of a new cycle of strategic planning for my unit at Duke, I've been
giving a lot of thought to current trends of interest for language
technology, in the both the technical realm and pedagogical arenas.

I'd like to draw on the collective creativity and foresight of the LLTI
community to get your input on what some of these trends might be. If you
would be so kind as to provide an answer to one or both of the following
two questions, I would greatly appreciate it.  I welcome replies off-list,
but my guess is that other LLTIers would be interested in the responses as
well. I'll send a summary message once the discussion ends.

Note: I am using the phrase "language classroom" to include all potential
aspects of language teaching & learning.

1. What do you see as the most important technical trend that may have an
impact on the language classroom in the next 1-3 years?

(for example, 2-3 years ago one might have answered wireless computing)

2.What do you see as the most important emerging pedagogical trend in the
language classroom that is made possible by technology?

I look forward to reading your replies!

Best,
Samantha

Samantha Earp, Director