LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:06:51 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:28:50 -0600
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7301  Windows-XP Movie Maker

Are you using the latest version of Windows MovieMaker?  (Version 2.0,
free download).  It has significant enhancements.

I did some quick experimenting and found that you can easily mute the
audio, and you can also cut the audio and paste it in the Audio/Music
soundtrack in a different time sequence from the video clip.

Here's what I did:
1.  Added the video clip
2.  Clicked the "+" at the right of "Video" (on the timeline) which
separates the video and audio tracks.
3.  Right click the audio segment and choose Copy.
4.  Right click the audio segment again and choose Mute
5.  Right click on the Audio/Music track and choose Paste
6.  Drag the audio clip where you want it in the timeline.

Works slick as can be... in version 2.0 that is.

Good luck...

--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:21:31 -0400
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Windows-XP Movie Maker
>To: Calico discussion list <[log in to unmask]>,        Language
Learning and Technology International Information Forum

------------------
Please excuse the cross posting

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to see if those of you with experience using Windows-XP
Movie
Maker can help me out.  Specifically, I would like to know how to strip
the
sound track from a video clip so that it can be used as the starting
point
for student dubbing activities.  I've tried clicking the Mute Video
option
when recording a new audio track, but with no effect.  Setting the
volume up
to maximum for the audio track didn't work either.  I also ran into
another
problem when I added a voice recording to a video clip that didn't have
sound track: when the movie played the voice ran at twice normal speed.
 If
anyone can enlighten me about the use of the Movie Maker I would be
most
obliged.  With thanks in advance, Jack

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.