LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:05:13 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:21:31 -0400
>From: Jack Burston <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Windows-XP Movie Maker
>To: Calico discussion list <[log in to unmask]>,        Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Please excuse the cross posting

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to see if those of you with experience using Windows-XP Movie
Maker can help me out.  Specifically, I would like to know how to strip the
sound track from a video clip so that it can be used as the starting point
for student dubbing activities.  I've tried clicking the Mute Video option
when recording a new audio track, but with no effect.  Setting the volume up
to maximum for the audio track didn't work either.  I also ran into another
problem when I added a voice recording to a video clip that didn't have a
sound track: when the movie played the voice ran at twice normal speed.  If
anyone can enlighten me about the use of the Movie Maker I would be most
obliged.  With thanks in advance, Jack

--
Jack Burston, Ph.D.
Director