LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:01:37 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Majors <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> --- Forwarded Message from Laura Atkinson <[log in to unmask]> ---
> In OS 10.2.6, I have seen on several machines that the keyboard icon (the
> American flag up top) sporadically disappears and is replaced by the
> Character Palette icon. To fix it, I just go into Customize Menu and turn
> one of the desired keyboards off and back on again. It's easy enough then
> to fix, but I'm wondering why it happens. Anyone have any ideas?

One possibility would be that the user pressed command-option-space, and
that combination was enabled in System Preferences...  > International >
Input Menu > Options to rotate to the next keyboard layout / input method
(or the Character Palette was set as the default (not likely) and
command-space was pressed).

Bob Majors
Language Learning Center
University of Washington