LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:50:15 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:40:50 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7269.5 Mac vs. Windows (!)

------------------
Actually, I should be more clear:  we are looking for software that will
perform a virtual monitor function in a Mac or Mac/Windows lab, enabling
the prof. to listen in while students in a class are doing audio
exercises.  This would be similar to the monitor function in our old Sony
tape lab.  We use none of the other features of a turnkey lab, so to go
that direction would be a massive waste.  At present, we have looked at
Wimba and E-LangLab.  Are there others?
Betty Woerner
Reed College
Portland, OR