LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:15:43 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from John de Szendeffy <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
> Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]> wrote

> This campus is
> usually Macintosh only, but it looks like we will have to use a Windows
> lab for language teaching because of the paucity of Mac software.

Betty,

I image more than a few readers on this list might be curious about
what you mean by "the paucity of Mac software" for language learning.
We run almost all Macs in our labs--with a few PCs thrown in to keep us
up to date on virus hassles--and have never had a problem getting the
software we need. Is everything available for the Mac? No. We don't
need nor can we afford everything. But every need we have is met. I'll
bet if you describe your needs, members of this list can give you Mac
as well as PC titles to meet them.

-John
John de Szendeffy
Multimedia Language Lab
Center for English Language and Orientation Programs
Boston University
ph                      617.353.7957
fx                      617.353.6195
lab                     http://www.bu.edu/celop/mll/