LLTI Archives

October 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:21:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:33:06 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Betty Woerner <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7276.2  Audio Recording -Lab Management Software: Net Support School         (!)

I just saw a demo of iChat, which comes free on all new iMacs.  This is
duplex, which means teacher and student can talk at the same time, plus we
were able to open a window to play the audio examples from the webpage at
the same time, and it worked perfectly.  The only problem is that the
instructor doesn't hear the recorded voice that the student hears.
Perhaps by putting the recorded voice on the room speakers we could remedy
this.
Betty