LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:25:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:21:52 -0400
>Subject: Deutsche Welle still free?
>From: Beth Secrist <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask] (Language Forum)

Hello fellow LLTIers!

We (in this case UT's campus-wide cable system) had been receiving
Deutsche Welle as part of a package from a cable company. We are
presently receiving programing from Comcast which does not carry
Deutsche Welle. But we are still receiving Deutsche Welle programming.
We are sorting out whether we can cablecast the programming we are
receiving. Since we already have the equipment (digital receiver) to
receive DW, is the programming still free and can we receive it
directly? In other words, whom should I contact to continue
cablecasting to our campus cable network? Thanks! Beth

P.S. Last time I checked GermanTV still didn't have any special pricing
for educational insitutions such as ours where we would want to
distribute programming over the campus cable network). Has anyone been
able to negotiate this yet?

Beth Secrist
Director, Language Resource Center
Dept. of Modern Foreign Langs. & Lits.