LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 13:19:05 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dr._Jörg_Waltje"  <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:33:27 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Dr._Jörg_Waltje"  <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Apple DVD Player 1.3

Fellow LLTIers:

I am looking for Apple DVD Player version 1.3.   It came originally
with the Blue G3  and is hardware based (as far as I understand).
After an update of my trusty old  G3 workhorse to System 9.2.2, the
DVD Player does not work anymore, but flashes the following message:

"Apple DVD Player cannot open because it cannot find the required hardware.
Try reinstalling Apple DVD Player (204)."

Has anyone run into this problem?
Is there anyone out there who can provide me with an installer copy
of APPLE DVD Player 1.3 -- it is not available via the Apple Support
Pages, all the other software based versions of DVD Player will not
work, and my original installation disk has disappeared....

Thank you,              Jörg
--
Dr. Jörg Waltje

Ph: (740) 593-2748