LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:14:55 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Kazumi Hatasa <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>Hello everyone,
>

>We are running version 3.8.2.7 of WebCT. One of our Japanese professors is
>trying to enter Japanese characters in the global calendar but for some
>reason the characters are garbled, even when she sets the encoding to
>Jaspanese. She was able to enter the same characters in the past and they
>worked fine. Any suggestions?

WebCT now has a new version called Vista.  We are currently testing
two-byte characters with
this version. So far, everything works fine except the chat function. Prior
versions of WebCT did
not handle Japanese characters.

Kazumi Hatasa

* Kazumi Hatasa                              phone: (765) 494-3846
* Professor of Japanese                             (765) 496-1700 (fax)

*
* Purdue University
* Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
* 640 Oval Drive
* West Lafayette, IN 47907-2017
*
* e-mail:  [log in to unmask]