LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:24:16 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:57:30 -0400
>From: "Mariana Pomphile" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: cd burner

WHere do you purchase an 8 drive CD burner and how much does it cost?
Can someone help me with that?
THankl you,
mariana

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/17/03 03:18PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Susan Gehrlein" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:47:23 -0500
>From: "Susan Gehrlein" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7249 Audio CD Duplication

So many students didn't have tape players anymore that we were forced
to purchase an 8 drive CD burner and thermal printer. I'm getting the
same permission from the publishers for the CDs that I got for the tapes
without problem. We give the tapes or CDs to the students and they
(usually) return at the end of the semester. I love the CD burner and
have stored the images on my network which makes copying a breeze.

Susan Gehrlein
Director, Foreign Language Learning Center
University of North Texas
PO Box 311127       Denton, TX 76203-1127
940-565-2585 (tel)    940-565-2581(fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/16/03 02:55PM >>>
--- Forwarded Message from "Schlau, Georgia T." <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Audio CD Duplication
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:35:55 -0400
>From: "Schlau, Georgia T." <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Now that many publishers are producing audio CDs instead of cassettes
for their textbooks, are Language Resource Centers duplicating the CDs
for students to check out? All of a sudden we seem to be behind the
times and our high speed cassette tape duplicators and cassette playing
language lab are becoming obsolete.

Any information about this turn in events will be greatly appreciated.

Georgia Schlau
Director of the Language Resource Center
College of Charleston
Charleston, S.C.