LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:55:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:48:12 -0400
>Subject: Re: #7244 DVD's n SECAM?
>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
SECAM is thankfully not long for this world. There are no SECAM
DVDs--all DVDs produced and/or sold in France (and the secam countries)
are PAL.

(now if we could just get rid of NTSC...)

On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 04:14  PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> Most code free players will say that they can play any DVD from
> anywhere in
> the world. However, the description says it plays PAL/NTSC.
>
> DVD's produced in France: are they in PAL format??
> VHS was in SECAM format.
>
> Any help from anyone??

/david

--
david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys orionarm

George W. Bush is an ignorant, bigoted, lying, semi-literate fool.
We _can_ get rid of him.

http://www.deanforamerica.com      http://www.bushrecall.org/