LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:07:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:10:14 -1000
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: LLT Volume 7, Number 3 now available
>To: [log in to unmask]

We are happy to announce that Volume 7, Number 3 of Language Learning
& Technology is now available at http://llt.msu.edu. This is a
Special Issue on Distance Learning and was guest edited by Margo Glew
with the assistance of Associate Editor Irene Thompson. The contents
are listed below.

Please visit the LLT Web site and be sure to enter your free
subscription if you have not already done so. Also, we welcome your
contributions for future issues. Check our guidelines for submission
at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Chun, Editor
Language Learning & Technology (http://llt.msu.edu)

--- Feature Articles ---
Optimal Psycholinguistic Environments for Distance Foreign Language Learning
Catherine J. Doughty & Michael H. Long

Flexibility and Interaction at a Distance: A Mixed-Mode Environment
for Language Learning
Antonella Strambi & Eric Bouvet

Meeting the Needs of Distance Learners
Nicholas Sampson

Online Learning: Patterns of Engagement and Interaction Among
In-Service Teachers
Faridah Pawan, Trena M. Paulus, Senom Yalcin, & Ching-Fen Chang

Using Native Speakers in Chat
Vincenza Tudini

--- Commentary ---

Extending the Scope of Tele-Collaborative Projects
A commentary inspired by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio's
"Tele-Collaborative Projects: Monsters.com?"
Phillip A. Towndrow

--- Call for Papers ---
Theme: Technology and Oral Language Development

--- Columns ---
On the Net
Interactive and Multimedia Techniques in Online Language Lessons: A Sampler
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Tools for Distance Education: Towards Convergence and Integration
by Bob Godwin-Jones

--- Reviews ---
Edited by Rafael Salaberry

Computer-Mediated Communication: Human-to-Human Communication Across
the Internet (Susan B. Barnes)
Reviewed by Gillian Lord

Electronic Collaborators: Learner-Centered Technologies for Literacy,
Apprenticeship, and Discourse (Curtis Jay Bonk and Kira S. King, Eds.)
Reviewed by Joseph Collentine

Language Learning Online: Towards Best Practice (Uschi Felix, Ed.)
Reviewed by Steve Bird

Oversold and Underused: Computers in the Classroom (Larry Cuban)
Reviewed by Lara Lomicka

Technology for Literacy Teaching and Learning (William J. Valmont)
Reviewed by Stephanie Throne