LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:38:08 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:04:02 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Olaf Bohlke <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7239 codefree DVD source that accepts POs?

------------------
Dear Mike,

Sorry, I don't have any PO information, BUT if you do have a 'panicked'
request, the $47 Daewoo DVDS150 sold a Sams Club  may be an alternative.
It's cheap and even an assistant professor could afford it. It was
available 3 weeks ago in Omaha, NE but I don't see it right now on
samsclub.com  You may be lucky and still find one in your area - and no
waiting for shipping!

How to switch region codes:

Use the remote control only.  No software or hardware hacks needed.

DVDS150

1. Switch on the DVD player and press SETUP
2. Enter the following numbers: 1, 3, 6, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8
3. A new button 'Version' is now visible.  Click down and select it
4. Press 'play'
5. Go up or down to choose the region you want
6. Press Setup and you are ready to go

I tested it with my German region 2 DVDs and it works with a normal NTSC
television.  No converter needed.

I hope this helps.

Olaf
Creighton U.