LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:48:35 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:09:21 -0500
>From: "Carly J. Born" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #7229 Office XP for Chinese
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Oh!  I know this one!

You'll need to get the Office Multilingual User Interface pack for
Office XP.  This adds a feature that allows Office menus to converted
into the target language, but they also include proofing and other
important tools depending on the language.  For Chinese, it adds a
Chinese translation feature that will convert characters from
Simplified to Traditional and vice versa.

I believe you can get it if you are on certain kinds of volume
licensing agreements with Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/evaluation/indepth/multilingual/
MUIPackFAQ.asp

Good Luck!

carly

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 02:45 PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Hiroyo Saito <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:59:25 -0400
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> From: Hiroyo Saito <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Office XP for Chinese
>> HC-Host: Scanned by NISC3, Networking & Systems, Haverford College,
>> Haverford, PA 19041. [v002]
>> HC-MailScanner: Found to be clean
>
> ------------------
> Our Chinese professor is wondering if Office XP has a function to
> covert or translate documents in Traditional Chinese to documents in
> Simplified Chinese or vice versa by just clicking one button. Please
> let me know if you have any information about this.
> Thank you.
> Hiroyo
> --
> Hiroyo Saito
> Director of Language Learning Center
> 205 Stroke
> Haverford College
> 370 Lancaster Avenue
> Haverford, PA 19041-1392
> (610)896-4971

  Carly J. Born, Carleton College
  Academic Computing Coordinator for Foreign Languages & Literature
  [log in to unmask] | 507-646-7010 | www.carleton.edu