LLTI Archives

September 2003, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 08:50:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:07:21 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rally once more for Ursula, please

Greetings, colleagues,

The fates seem to have determined that a recurrence of malignancy is
in order for me, and I write to let you know. Blissfully free of
colonic involvement, I now find that my north end has gone wonky and
I have a couple of brain tumors to deal with. Currently, it does not
require several Bombay Sapphire martinis to have me walking the funny
line. Less fun is daily radiation and corticosteroid drug therapy
which has me feeling a little off-center. My head now houses an
artificial valve, and sports a haircut that is a testament to the
tonsorial skills of OR nurses, who, alas, are not ever sent to
cosmetology. They have told me, though, that radiation will shortly
eliminate any coiffure worries I might still be having this week.

There are big doings at Notre Dame with regard to computing in the
humanities, and I am in the thick of it. I am at work, and I am doing
rather well. I expect that both will continue for the foreseeable
future. You will recall that I am famous for my optimism and general
good cheer. I write to unabashedly summon the network of strength and
support that you are famous for, and to ask that you send healing
energy my way. It worked last time; no reason to think y'all can't do
it again. I thank you.

Now don't go clogging llti with replies to this. I will gratefully
accept e-mails off-list, though.

Ursula