LLTI Archives

August 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:43:03 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:46:08 -0400
>Subject: Position Open at Case Western Reserve University
>From: Sharon Scinicariello <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Below is a revised description of an opening at Case Western Reserve
University.  It replaces the previous posting.  Please send all inquiries to
Dr. Marie Lathers, chair of Modern Languages and Literatures, at

Case Western Reserve University
Half-Time Language Resource Center Director

The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures seeks a half-time
director for its Language Resource Center.  Position begins immediately or
as soon as possible and runs through mid-May 2004.  The successful candidate
will oversee the LRC, train and schedule student assistants, maintain the
analog and digital labs, supervise the placement exam, maintain the LRC Web
site, continue efforts toward complete audio digitalization, and work with
the department chair to ensure smooth running of the facility.
Qualifications:  PhD or ABD in a modern language, instructional technology,
SLA, or related field; we will also consider those with an MA or MA in
progress in those fields.  Experience in a similar work environment a plus.
CWRU is a Research I institution and offers a research library, network
access, and the considerable cultural amenities of University Circle.  A
complete dossier including cover letter, CV, and three letters of evaluation
(sent directly by the referees) should be sent to:  LRC Search, Department
of Modern Languages and Literatures, Case Western Reserve University, 10900
Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106-7118.  We will begin reviewing applications
on September 8; the position will remain open until filled.  CWRU is an
affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.

--
Sharon Scinicariello, Ph.D.
Director, Multimedia Language Laboratory