LLTI Archives

July 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:10:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:30:37 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Bye-bye Brucie

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am writing to share the news that I have
been granted a one year leave of absence
from my position as Director of the Geddes
Language Center at Boston University.

For the coming year I have accepted a
one year appointment as Assistant Director
of the Mary D'Angelo Performing Arts Center
at Mercyhurst College, in Erie, PA.

www.mercyhurst.edu/ArtsandEntertainment/AE.htm

So Friday July 25 is my last workday at BU for
a while. I start my new job at Mercyhurst
Aug 18. My email address <[log in to unmask]>
will be effective throughout my leave.

Even though this upcoming job is in a new
area of endeavor, I plan to keep a hand in
the language technology profession, and
remain active in IALLT for the next year.

Dear friends among you, do let me know if
you are passing through the area. Interstate
90 is the way to my new home, just a few miles
from the NY/PA line. Please come! Stop by
for a visit, and check the view from the
cottage: beautiful sunsets over Lake
Erie, right in the back yard (in winter
we'll wrap you in blankets to watch).

Effective Angst 16, oops, I mean August 16,
you can find me with that lucky guy John* at:

     25 Cowells Beach Road
     Erie PA  16511
     tel 814 897 1714

best to all, with especially huge hugs scattered
in and around to you know who you are
bruce

* I'M THE ONE IN THE DRESS