LLTI Archives

July 2003, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:31:31 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:53:19 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Job opening
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

Case Western Reserve University
Half-Time Replacement Language Resource Center Director

The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures seeks a half-time replacement director for its Language Resource Center for spring semester 2004 (early January to mid-May).  The successful candidate will oversee the LRC, train and schedule student assistants, maintain the analog and digital labs, supervise the Web CAPE placement exam, maintain the LRC Web site, continue efforts toward complete audio digitalization, and work with the department chair to ensure smooth running of the facility.  Qualifications:  PhD or ABD in a modern language, instructional technology, SLA, or related field; we will also consider those with an MA or MA in progress in those fields.  Experience in a similar work environment a plus; computer knowledge and skills including those related to networking and digitalization necessary.  CWRU is a Research I institution and offers a research library, network access, and the considerable cultural amenities of University Circle.  A complete dossier inclu
ding cover letter, CV, and three letters of evaluation (sent directly by the referees) should be sent to:  LRC Search, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106-7118.  Deadline:  We will begin reviewing applications on September 8; the position will remain open until filled.   CWRU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.